Thursday, November 12, 2009

R1P2: Day 93

Weight: 228 lbs
Loss of: Nothing
Total Loss: 55.8 lbs

The scale is toying with me. I can't make goals. I think we are pretty silly to make goals of 'x lbs to this day' because

1. HCG DOES work. So we will eventually lose the weight if we are on protocol.
2. We will get to our weight at some point, maybe 3 days afterwards.

Because when we put ridged goals on ourselves that are honestly out of our control we set ourselves up for failure.

We can say 'we will work out 3 times a week' and if that is a realistic goal we can do it. We need to learn to set up realistic goals. Things that are workable in our control. We should push ourselves, try for 1 non-cheat day if that is your thing. Take it one day at a time. Challenge yourself to drink a little more water if you need to, or just get to your water. Those things we can ultimately control.

I'm scared now that I won't make it to my goal weight. So I put a goal I looked forward to, but now, I know that I am losing inches like there is no tomorrow, but I put an arbitrary weight goal into effect. Ya, I can fit into clothes I haven't in a long time, yet I'm still bummed by the numbers? Silly.

GOod news- Yesterday was an awesome day. It didn't stop in the afternoon either. So I went and got aligned, the chiropractor told me he knew I was drinking my water because my muscles were all hydrated and that made it easier to adjust me w/ little grunts. Then I tried on a size 3 at Chico's and found the shirt a bit big so I tried on a size 2. This is what my skinny mother wears. I got it on. No way any bottoms would fit. So I went to Lane Bryant. COOL new sizing. I said "I was a size 26 but should be a size 22. She gave me a 'new size 7 and 5' and we would most likely have to hunt for a 6. Well. I found out I fit into a 4. :D These are their new sizes. I wish I could convert it, haven't found an online chart of conversion. But they are also color coded. I am a blue, because my waist is much smaller then my thighs- hence always a wrong fit in pants. Well not this time. I decided to order the slightly pricy pants, but they were on sale!!! So I got away cheap on both items because both was like 50% off.!!!

Then I wore the shirt and went over to my parents to show off. My mom was a bit surprised that her daughter wore the same size shirts as her. We talked about formal wear for the cruise. I fit into several of my mother's things, but if it was button up, it would take losing 2-4 inches in the bust area. Yo, helderheid, I would be happy to give you some of my junk in the front!

So yesterday was a pretty good day, It really was an excellent day. I am bummed that today is no loss, but I'm dealing with TOM. I should hopefully have another great week after my TOM, then deal with ovulation week. Seems I might get 2 good weeks out of this stuff. heh. Normally TOM always produces good losses. But oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I so feel you! I want a bit more weight off before my interruption, yet I agree with you that we must set realistic goals. I'm doing an apple day to help me get back to losing after a 2 day stall but my body loves apple days!! lol. I'm finally losing some real inches in my bust I'm down to 39 1/2 inches!

    You're doing great and I'm happy about your fittings. Since my pants are really baggy I'm thinking about buying a new pair..or maybe I'll just buy a dress or skirt and top since I prefer wearing them anyway.

    Wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on the new sizes!! That is so cool. I loved this post. You are so right about unrealistic goals setting us up for failure. You're doing GREAT and you will get to where you want to be!

    I'd love some of that junk! LOL!

    ReplyDelete