Friday, November 6, 2009

R1P2: Day 87

Weight: 231 lbs
Loss of: 1.4
Total Loss: 52.8 lbs
Body Fat: 46.1%

Today starts out well because I lost 1.4 lbs and personally, that makes me very happy. I have lost 5 lbs this month so far. More at this point then other months.

I want to lose 10.4 more lbs before Dec 5th (the cruise). We do have Thanksgiving in the way.

I played on the Wii for 45 minutes yesterday. I played Tennis (my arm HURTS right now), 3 holes of golf and bowling. I kick ass at bowling! My husband kicks my ass at Tennis. It's nice we both have our games. I think if I do a lower body workout the next day that I can let my arm rest, and get a full body work out over all. Though I know I will play Tennis today because it was SO much fun!

So, A little bit about me. I am a 35 yr old woman who is married, have 1 kid, no plans for a 2nd. We enjoy our small family. I enjoy gaming - Table top like DnD and Shadowrun - and computer games- Sims, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings. I love walking, I love sewing. I have made some quilts and have several I want to do. I do some web design. I quit a big corporate company to go back to school to do my first love- Film. I have made some short films for school. I have one about my pregnancy named "Made from Scratch" that I'm very proud of. I sew dice bags (or really to hold any smaller items) to make some money. I live in the same town I grew up since I was 3. My parents live less than a mile away. I was born in Germany and we all immigrated to America. Except for my parents/brothers and my Aunt in California all family lives in Germany still and I don't nearly go over there as often as I would like. I have not seen under 200lbs since 1998. I have the 'thin girl in a fat body' image. I do realize now I'm fat, and have for the last several years. It doesn't bother me as much as it should have. I was told by the doctor that my pancreas was going to stop working if I didn't change my lifestyle. That was my wake up call to thin down.
I have a lot of interests that I can't be nailed down in one stereotype. Very multi-dimensional. I love Sci-fi, action, and chick flicks. In fact I love critiquing movies. I do have fun at a stupid movie saying what problems they have. I love yelling at the tv on a live show and telling the camera men to adjust their camera angles. That does bring me joy. Not the 'being mean part' but finding little glitches. Sort of like a puzzle to figure out. "Where is waldo" thing. I love puzzles. I love finding problems and fixing them. I love making things better. My husband doesn't think I should love that as much when I focus it on him. ;) heh.

I'm an emotional person. I love to talk and be around be just as much as I like to stay home. I love going to Mexico in the Spring. I would move down there in a second! I took a couple classes to speak Spanish, but I do so much better when submerged. I love talking Spanish with the guys at the Mexican Restaurants. So far most don't mind. I'm sure they shake their heads and say "Gringo" under their breath, though I got the BEST compliment when I walked into a Mexican Market nearby. The woman who owns the little Tienda only talked Spanish, so I stumbled through it for the most part. She asked if I was married to a Spanish man. :) Felt good. I love feeling good. I don't seem to give myself enough props that I go looking for it outside of myself.
A day can be made or broken just by the comments I get. If the scale treats me nice, I feel good. If someone says 'hello' I feel good. If I get a negative comment, I feel bad. Even getting a hug or a shrug from my 3yr old can pull my day.

I'm complex like I feel all of us are. We love various things that can't go into a box that people can say "oh, she is this type of person" and I won't fit myself into a box. I've always been a bit 'different' as my mom puts it. heh. She is very traditional, but when you start digging into her mind, you realize a complex person is in there, yet sometimes scared to come out and be zany. She once, in order to show us that she can have a 'good time', pushed all the buttons at a hotel. We told her you had to do that AFTER you got out of the elevator. I got so sick by the time we got to our floor. :P She tries. Her maturing age, I think, is helping her relax. I love my parents. I am VERY protective over my mom though. I never was a 'maternal' person, but for some reason I become a pitbull if I feel my mom is getting bullied by someone. It's who I am.

So, I rambled on about who I am. I'm all over the board w/ who I am. And I know I left out bits. For god sake, I'm 35 years old and have done things in my life! I've traveled many roads to be where I am today. For the most part, I think I am content. Yes I am losing weight and I deal with occational or daily struggles, but that is life. I really think, no, I know I really enjoy where I am today over all.

As in the words of Nikki- Have a wonderful day losing or maintaining! :)

4 comments:

  1. It was fun to read this post. I felt like I got to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe ...we play WoW, too. We're on Norgannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on Uther as Alliance, but did use to play horde. My brother in law got us into a guild on Uther! You should start a toon over there!

    Horde or Alliance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great blog thanks for bringing us into your life. The elevator thing..that's soo funny! It made me think about the times I've tried to do something with my childre to show them I was hip -- only to be told how "old school" I am..LOL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete