Sunday, September 27, 2009

R1P2: Day 47 of VLCD

Weight: 250.4 lbs
Loss of: .8 lbs
Total Loss: 33.4 lbs

So, I guess the scales were good to me. I thought I was going to go to 250 by .2 increments. Thank you scale!! :) I thought I would hit that mark by Today. I'm close enough to feel good about it.

I realize, w/ this diet you can't hurry up and lose more weight. You already are losing a lot of weight and if you stay on protocol you should continually lose weight at a good average. You can't 'speed' it up like for instance on weight watchers, you can eat a little less, make better food choices and you can walk 10 more times around your neighborhood to get an extra pound or two. heh.

I was invited to go on a cruise w/ my parents. All expense paid trip. They got a very special deal to add a 3rd person to their room. They have been so excited to see my lose, I think this is a 'way to go' in the way they can only say it. heh. I do have to admit, when I went to visit them yesterday they acted as if I won the lottery when they saw me. :) They got SO excited to see my progress. We hadn't seen each other for a couple weeks. What a couple weeks can do!

We will see if all the babysitting goes through and then I am going to enjoy myself w/ a week break from the diet as well. I can't go on a vacation and eat p2 on a cruise. :P hehe. But it has motivated me for another two months of 'staying the course'. I felt a little mentally run down, but this is such a big opportunity that I am so excited that it refueled me for the next 70 days. heh. I hope to lose 35 more pounds as well before the trip. (If it happens)

Has anyone found more success w/ a little exercise? I am not going to the gym to bust a gut, but to do 30 minutes of steady treadmill and some toning. Does it help the process along? Otherwise I will chalk it up for endurance and toning. I find I am weaker on the upper body toning, believe me, I am not trying to be some power woman, I do about 30 slow reps on 2 machines.

I don't do melba, I rarely have been doing apple/oranges. I stick to berries. I do a grapefruit in the morning, I tend to do either raspberries or strawberries in the evening. I have not been doing a lot of mixing w/ veggies either. I get some great results for me. I really feel I am doing really good right now. I've also lowered my water consumption from 5-6 liters to 3-4 liters. I really wonder if drinking too much water doesn't help. I don't know. I could now try it a couple times and see if I get better/worse or indifferent results.

anywho

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cruise! That is awesome. What a huge motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's really nice to get some time off. Relax and enjoy yourself you deserve it!!
    Great losing!!

    ReplyDelete