Sunday, September 6, 2009

R1P2: Day 25 of VLCD

Weight: 261.8 lbs
Loss of: 0 lbs
Total Loss: 22 lbs

I am not upset about the no loss. I have gone Loss, no loss, rinse and repeat. I had a 1.4, then .6 THEN a 0 loss. I thought I had gained this morning. But when I plugged the number in I saw that this was the same as yesterday. I can live with that.

Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Shrimp on a bed of lettuce
Dinner: Celery and Salsa and Chicken
I put too much onion in the salsa and took some out and subtracted that.

We went to Costco and stocked up on a bunch of my stuff, I went ahead and bought fresh garlic. That is okay right? Not just minced or powder garlic? I love garlic.

I'm going to be sharing this recipe with my mom. I really think they would enjoy the stuff I eat because we have similar eating habits on this diet. heh. I eat so much more like them right now. I grew up eating like this, and then I left the house to fend for myself. Didn't do well. I didn't have boundaries that my mom put on me. heh.

I think of all the foods I would like to eat after this and I hope that I don't over indulge, and that I don't have to competely eliminate everything. I didn't hit horrid but I did have a lot of carbs I know I can control. Growing up German we would have a lot of hard breads with a bit of butter and meat or cheese. But always an open faced sandwhich. It wasn't till much later we were introduced to the 'mutch' bread.. The stuff you can make into a tiny squishy ball and you would use two slices for your bread. :P I think I am going to move more to that again. I didn't grow up with processed foods. I had to go to friends for that stuff. My mom in the last 15 years has moved to more processed, but over all it's fresh. I lost I think 20 lbs in 7 weeks when I went on a trip with my parents. Walking and eating like my parents did it. But I don't think we could go on a vacation till I was 135 lbs. ;) I love the food we get to eat. It's so fun. So many different ways to cook it. I realize I have to be careful with the mixing of veggies, I could go hog wild with that.

Since I have upped my calories to 450-500 I feel more full even. That extra 100 really makes a HUGE difference. I feel almost stuffed all the time. :P

1 comment:

  1. Yes - fresh garlic is OK.

    I grew up oversees too, so I know exactly whatyou are talking with about the open-faced sandwiches. Never really something I thought much about until now, but I could definitely enjoy an open faced sandwhich with only 1/2 the bread.

    ReplyDelete