Tuesday, September 8, 2009

quick mental update

After reading Nikki's blog today I came to my own thoughts about food.

Most diets I think are so much about being hungry or finding 'no points' food we can gorge out on all day long, how can we put a pizza in our diet. Keeping the unhealthy motivations for food still there.

I realize for the most part, I do enjoy a really rich chocolate treat. I do enjoy ice cream, but I never indulged in a lot of BAD foods, just foods that looked nice on the outside w/ a lot of nasty stuff on the inside. I love gourmet but you truly need 'clean' ingredients to go into them.
I kept away from potatoes while stuffing myself with icky bad chemicals deemed 'healthy' and 'low fat' when really whole clean foods is where it is at. A potato doesn't have to be a nasty word. heh.

I plan to stick, after I'm goal weight and heading into the sunset to use pure, unbleached, un-hydrogenated, recognizable foods that will do my body good, even if the 'diet police' feel that what I might be eating is not kosher to what they think I should eat. Whole foods baby! :) Means more making of my own stuff. heh. I want pizza, but I want to make it w/ my pure ingredients. Or shop more at the co-op knowing that they will help me in the fight for 'clean' food! :)

Oh and I have been hearing good things about coconut oil. I think I will examine other non-american cultures for even more great things that have been 'bleached' out of our society! :P

1 comment:

  1. My doctor actually has me add coconut oil to my VLCD shakes everyday. Otherwise known as MCT oil.

    I completely agree about cooking with whole ingredients and eliminating as much processed food from mine and my husbands diets.

    ReplyDelete