Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ryan's not so famous Tomato Soup

This is a recipe my husband came up with that we want to put in a future HCG Cookbook. We try to make our own stuff so we can put our own book together.

Take a serving of Tomatoes
3.5 oz of chicken
Vinegar
Mustard
Water
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp Paprika
(add spice: pinch cayenne pepper.)

So you chop up your tomatoes and brown the chicken. Use the cooking utensil to chop up the chicken as you go. I will sometimes just microwave the chicken for 1 min 30 seconds (or untill your micro makes it done) and remove the chicken.

Pour the tomatoes into the pan (we use a small wok where we cooked the chicken) and fill with water to the top of the tomatoes. Add your spices. You can use more or less then we denoted. We sort of wing it now on our feelings. Sometimes I add oregano to the mix. Bring to a boil. Add chicken. Reduce water to desired thickness of soup. I take my cooking utensil and break up the tomatoes. YOu can put in a blender if you desire not to have any chunks of tomato, or keep cooking at a lower temp till the tomatoes dissolve. I enjoy the chunks.

I sometimes just cook the tomatoes so they are barely dissolved and eat it with the fresh warmed tomatoes. You can do a bunch of things. Add a different meat to it. But this is what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment