Wednesday, January 20, 2010

R2P2: Day 36

Weight: 200.6 lbs
Loss of: .8 lb today
Total Loss: 23.2 lb
Total over all 83.2

Hey Folks,

I wasn't going to let the scale get me down, but it is. This has been a hard week for me. I hate being sick. I hate feeling drained. I hate feeling overwhelmed.

The house has gotten to be a total mess. When we redid the floors we moved some furniture upstairs. It is still upstairs taking space. It seems like I live in a total mess, and any time I get headway, the next 'big thing' happens to make my house a mess.

I don't need Martha steward, but I just need organized and clean. I hate that my kid gets popcorn and he feels this need to dump it allllll over. SIGH! Then I get to clean it up.
I hate that I clean up the kitchen till it sparkles, and then it gets messed up by the next morning.

I'm tired. I'm just drained and tired right now. The cold has wiped me. I'm drained when I see the house a mess, and I know I need to get it picked up to feel better. I'm going to look for another cleaning lady. They always 'reset' the house so I feel less overwhelmed and can move forward.
I have a couch that my mom gave me. Expensive nice couch. But it's not fitting into our livestyle anymore. It's a little worn from years of use, and a child. It's not a bad couch, but nothing I would 'sell' because it's not in mint condition. So I want to give it away. But I am so hung up on my mom spending so much money on that stupid couch. It would be a shame just to give it away, but it's taking up 1/2 a bedroom because it doesn't fit in the living room anymore.

Okay- I am just overwhelmed, tired and drained. I'm taking things one at a time. I have a laundry list of things i need to do. Today its cut my fabric to sew bags for a store that buys my bags for dice bags. I need to do that. It's not only some money for me, but it is also inventory they need. Tomorrow I will sew them. I need to write a list of all the 'todo's and get a plan. Just too much to do!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh. I know ... I'm overwhelmed, too. Maybe we should find something to beat up on, or something to break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm. beat up on something.

    Life just doesn't ease up sometimes huh?

    I'm currently working on a plan to redo the house configureation so we have it cleaner, hopefully less cluttered as well. I need to get RID of stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. may I make a suggestion about your couch? Let me preface what I'm going to say, by adding that if you don't need it at all, then you are right to donate it. However, if you could use it, but need new fabric, why don't you re-upholster it? If its too big for the space, in some cases, your upholsterer can cut the frame down and then reupholster it. These are all more cost-effective solutions than buying a new couch. Keep in mind that if you hate the sofa and want a new style/smaller furniture piece, then just donate it. Its much easier to donate it, then you can set a value on it, and take a tax donation for that amount. Trying to sell a used sofa can be tricky.

    You are worn out from fighting this incessant cold! Would it be possible for your housekeeper to come in a couple of extra days to sort everything out, and get everything ship shape? I think it would make you feel better to know that some sort of order was back in your home.

    I can't believe your scale is teasing you like this! You are SOOOOO close to Onderland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember the scale teasing me. I was at 130.SOMETHING for like a week. I'd not seen the 120s in 8 years and was so sure I'd get there that week and it just teased and teased. You will break through and it will feel GREAT.

    I relate on being overwhelmed with clutter as well. As well intentioned as my family was about taking care of the house while I was recovering, it just didn't happen the way I'd hoped. I have some serious catching up to do around here.

    Darn it, this comment wasn't supposed to be all about me! I just meant to say I hear where you're at. You'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helderheid- I totally get it. Thanks for sharing your story. I do get learning from others' experiance! :) So I do remember having been in this weight range 10 years ago, and sitting here for a while. I think the next 20 lbs could be the hardest.

    Lavender- I think we are going to keep the couch. I have decided we will move around a bunch of stuff to make it work. heh. We will keep it upstairs (we bought a whole new furniture set downstairs) so now it can become a couch for my son to watch tv upstairs or to hide away and read. :) We are moving around stuff and it feels nice.

    ReplyDelete