Monday, January 4, 2010

R2P2: Day 21

Weight: 20876 lbs
Loss of: 1 lb today
Total Loss: 16.2 lb

Good Morning Folks,
I'm trying to get my head into the game of life and stop playing Solitare on my Ipod. So it's my lack of connecting that is bothering me, but I get so hermitized for a while.
I do care about others, but sometimes I go through these moods where I am good at connecting and socializing and making meaningful relationship with people. But then I just 'stop' for a period of time and go into my own life and just live. Do what I want to but not connect. I let those I have connected with down and I feel horrible.

I also haven't been reading blogs, and then I get behind and then it starts looking like a mound of work. :P I hate that. I do things for fun, then I get a tiny bit behind or I try to do too much and it becomes work. Like reading. I did it last year. I started to try to read 1 book a week. Then I fell a little ahead and a little behind and I felt like it was work, Read read read. It stopped being a pleasure thing for the heck of it, and it became an assignment, though I did enjoy reading. I got a bit burned out so I only got to read about 26 books last year.

My plan is to read 25 books this year. That is 1 book every 2 weeks. I should allow myself though to fall no lower then 12 books and still feel good.

Some things for 2010 that I would like to see done: (inspired by Autumn Rose)

1. Catch up on work no more then 3 days after I let it slide!

2. Read 25 books (of any sort) this year. 50% at least novels.

3. Relax. Take it easy. Don't let the little things bug me as much. Decrease my Drama Queeness. How? By meditating and going to Yoga 2 x a week.

4. Keep up with Yoga every Tue/Thur.

5. Learn 3 new computer programing languages that would help get me hired again at my old company as a contractor.

6. Get a contract job and put my little one in the Montessori school.

7. Pay down debt. Get rid of 1/2 debt this year. Or at least get my credit card down to 20% debt.

8. Potty Train my kid (any help would be appreciated!) by school start. :)

Okay that is enough for now. I think it's a good list of things I really want to do.

I will try to catch up with stuff sooon! I will really work on it. I've just been lazy, but it's something I feel strongly about because I love connecting and learning from my fellow bloggers!

Be Strong and take care!

7 comments:

  1. Great goals! I wish I could help with the potty training. It's been 5 years since I did that and it was so traumatic, I don't remember it! :P

    Great loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me cross one of new year resolution off my list! I'm glad to help with the inspiration to start your own list.

    I've potty trained 7 children. I think girls were easiest and the boys the most difficult. The award for being the most stubborn, goes to my youngest. I used rewards, begged, pleaded and bribing him to get him to go for about six months.

    Children, you gotta lov'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cha-ching! Another pound gone!! yeah!

    You've inspired me with your resolution to read more this year. I love to read, and I buy books, I just don't get around to reading them! I've got to try to do that more-

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG- That is what started me to read more was that I had too many books and not enough shelves. My solution was to read a stack of books I wasn't emotional to and get rid of them. But then I started getting good books from the library. So that went out the window. :P

    Hey- I will get my stack of books and see if I can send them to you. Just what you wanted huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you could only see ALL the books I have and need to read! Its a sickness I tell you. Nothing better than a good book-- just being able to sit down, have the time, and be able to concentrate without falling asleep reading it! I'm still trying to work on that one....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL.. great idea to set a goal for reading - I have a shelf too, and I keep buying books that I have no time to read! Right now I am trying to get through The Fountainhead by reading at night before I go to bed... not working so well. Lavenderdiva, if you take Chipmunck up on the shipment, I'll add some too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We should have a book circle! Oh, that would be fun. Read the same book and then talk about it. Give each person a month to finish it. :)

    I'm currently reading, but more skimming "A well trained mind." A homeschooling book, but it's not really one you read like a book, its more like a good reference. Big book too. :)

    ReplyDelete