Friday, January 8, 2010

R2P2: Day 25

Weight: 204.6 lbs
Loss of: 1.4 lb today
Total Loss: 19.2 lb
Total over all 79.2


Morning,
I've been bored of eating. I would love a pill that just makes me satisfied. heh. My husband has gone back to work and is gone a good portion of the day (12 hours) and our son isn't dealing well over all with that. He won't go to bed easily. Serious Seperation Anxiety. I don't know what is the best gentle way to dealing with this. Do we just give him a lot of daddy time when he is home or try to limit it even further to get him to calm out? Should daddy put him to bed or should I?

This morning was really good, last night putting little guy to bed was not. It didn't help that I had a friend over that was all "He's three right..." and sort of tried to imply a lot. He has called my son a brat in the past and it really gets my blood boiling. I try to explain but it doesn't get through. Our son has some bratty attitudes, but I'm sorry, our kid won't turn off like some robot nor does our child get put into a box like a yappy dog. He is a freaking kid. I know my friend is upset in a way that we had a kid because it disrupts his way of life with us. :S Oh well. He is though, complicated enough that it's not just cut and dry. He has moments where he really interacts well with our son and for the most part, our son gets sad when he leaves.
It's just a stress for me because everyone has a strong opinion (read into that- a serious 'you better do this for me' ) of what we should be doing with our son. Dont give him that, do give him that, oh, he should have this skill already, oh he should be doing that. Leave me and my son alone, and let my family - daddy, mommy and child - deal with how we are going to deal with this. If you don't like what we are doing, your more then welcome not to come over, your more then welcome to not have him at your home. I respect that. But he is such a good kid. He is polite, he says thank you, and please. He is very curious and detailed. He is already a bit OC, granted. He plays SO amazing with stranger kids in play areas. He is very gentle with kids he see's as younger than him. If reminded to share he will gladly give his toy to the younger kids, though he does get a bit defensive about older kids. I don't blame him, every time we are in the children's museum the older kids try to grab all the trains from him. No one really plays with him at the playground, but he tries. God that breaks my heart. To have two older kids ignore my son, yet this little guy chases them and tries to partake. He is NOT a bad kid and I wish people would just BACK OFF! Yes, he gets a LOT of love from us, and that sometimes means he gets a little more from us. he gets to stay up later because it works for all of us in the family. No he is not poddy trained because I haven't figured it out. Yes he uses the poddy when asked, he actually can sit on the big poddy by himself.

I guess I am protective of me and my family and I get grumpy when people want something for my son that I really don't think he needs. He has so many amazing qualities and it's my right to mess him up! I don't need help! heh.

I'm doing okay over all. The pms has worn off. I just have been tired. We are dealing with some MAJOR seperation anxiety by my son and husband. He wants 100% of my husband attention and that is wearing us all a bit thin because it's right now so extreme. We have never had this. He is good when we drop him off at grandparents. Though Today has been good. he hasn't woken up in the middle of the night screaming for daddy.(Okay he did at 10pm ) but not after we all went to bed. He even said, as we both came downstairs "Daddy's at work" and moved on to his computer. Lets hope this works! :) Lets hope whatever happened stays this way!

Ya, I know I posted a lot about my kid, but I guess I always get this way after a night that doesn't go perfect smooth for my friend and he has to start degrading my child. I tried to explain and I said "forget it" and ignored him. But unfortunately I still carry around the upset.

anywho. I'm proud of my progress with weight loss. I had some smaller losses and then BAM! :) I like these big losses. With such progress as I am doing right now I can be to 180 by the time I step onto the airplane at the end of Feb.

Wishing everyone a good day!

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I just started following your blog. Hope you don't mind! Sounds like you are doing great on the protocol. I am starting R2 on Sunday. So excited! I lost 22 lbs in R1 and I hope for the same this round.
    i have kids too and I know how hard it can be when someone say or does something that makes it seem like you may be doing things "wrong". It's frustrating, but YOU are the mom. YOU know if you are doing something right or wrong. Stick to your guns and ignore what those dumb people say. Enjoy being a mom!
    Oh...and I would say, let daddy put him to bed. it would be a good bonding time for them and for daddy to talk to son about his day--cuddle, loves, good night. :) Do what you think is best though--YOU know best!!!
    Take care!
    Megan in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. This is your family, your child, and you know what you're doing! Drives me nuts when people think they know better.

    Your losses are phenomenal! You'll be in "onederland" any day now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor told me 3 days of low losses and I should have a cheat day. I think my body is conspiring against me! :P heh.

    Thanks also for the encouragement on the child issue. I think my main issue is that I'm so chicken to confront this friend because he is already so off Standish, that it will turn into my being the bitch and in the wrong somehow. He doesn't do well with confrontation , but he sure can dish it out. :P So, I just keep it all inside and share it with you folk! :P

    I feel so happy you guys are being so positive about my losses. I feel like before my .4 losses were 'ho hum' and these losses are more in line with normal losses. :) Thanks for the happiness you all bring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick and Meg - I wouldn't mind reading your blog if you allowed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Loss, Great Mom, Great Dad and Great Child! -- Of course I have a reason for saying this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss!

    Children are such a sensitive subject. I feel you about people interfereing with their opinions. I remember how often people confronted me in anger because I homeschooled my youngest sons?!!

    You keep on being his perfect mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki- wow. you homeschooled your kid? :) awesome. I want to homeschool my child if I am at home! That is something important in this family. My husband was HS'ed for a while.

    ReplyDelete