Sunday, January 3, 2010

R2P2: Day 20

Weight: 208.6 lbs
Loss of: .4 lbs today
Total Loss: 15.2 lb

Guess I asked for too big of a loss, or I just got the whole loss but didn't sleep enough. Our kid seems to have a cough and bothersome throat so no one was getting much sleep last night until we dosed him with some Tylenol. That seemed to help him sleep, still didn't get a whole lot of sleep though since I wanted some awake quiet time w/ the husband.

Morning everyone! I hope you are all doing well. We went to the Train Festival yesterday with the grandparents, and opa. Oma said behind to get some down time after all the visits she just had. My father has a train collection collecting dust that I hope he will bring out some time soon. He has, I guess, a bigger LBG collection that he said in a couple years he would open up for my son and him to play with. I realized how much I love miniture, and I would love to do scenery.

We are going to take it easy, I'm making the tomato soup for my parents tonight to share with them what I eat and make it easy on my mom since she is doing a bunch of cleaning and then inventory of her business (she makes applique towels). She is the reason I got into sewing at a young age. I just haven't taken the opportunity to expand my skill.

I think I might have my next 'motivation' so I don't have to just 'let it be' LOL. Ya, so much for zen. Though I want to keep the 'oh, look I lost .4 ... groovy.. '
We take a trip to Mexico every year. We get miles from a credit card, a companion pass and then we end up paying 1 full price fare. Not bad at all for the 3 of us. Though my husband just got a job, I can try to make more dice bags and help contribute to the cost. We will see. Wish him luck that he can take a week off while my parents are down there. We get free room and food as long as we eat at the apartment. Last year we split the duty. My mom made lunch (I hate making lunch) and I made dinner (my mom hates cooking at night) so it worked out PERFECTLY! I felt like I was contributing and not leaving my mom to cook. It's her vacation too! I think that is why she has latched onto cruising... she doesn't have to do anything. She gets a true vacation on a cruise! No bed making nor cooking! A true wifes/mothers vacation.

So, I don't care what weight I am at, once I buy the tickets to go to Mexico I am on a serious course of 'no cheating allowed' and then I will take a week off from the protocol in February, or March some time. Let's hope the price is right because we still need to have a surplus of money in our account. I hope to make it work. :) I get a lot of walking down there because I love walking everywhere and taking the public bus.

anywho! My mind is bustling! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, a loss is a loss, right? Congrats! :) So, are Opa and Oma German or Dutch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My side of the family is Full German. :) So it was very easy to do the Oma/Opa for them. My grandmother was Omi. My mother's grandmother was Omimi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Mexico do you go? It is a beautiful country! 15.2 in 20 days is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazatlan. We have been going there for almost 10 years now. My parents discovered it from their friends. I would move there in a second if we could secure a good job for the husband! I love the culture and how easy it is to walk everywhere. Or take a bus, and you don't need a bus schedule. You just wait on the side of the road and look at the list of places the bus goes when it comes near.

    Do you go down to Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Lis here: -15.2lbs in 20 days is nothing to sneeze at! You're doing great, chipmunck-

    Thank you for sharing those recipes, they sound delicious! Especially the taco salad-- I'm going to have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete