Monday, January 11, 2010

R2P2: Day 28

Weight: 203.2 lbs
Loss of: .4 lb today
Total Loss: 20.6 lb
Total over all 80.6


You know what sort of sucks. Losing 80 lbs and having a candid 'on an event' picture taken of you and you still look fatter then you feel. heh. :P

I got a headcold and today is the big 'ikcy' feeling day. I took: 1 asprin, my 2 multi-vitamin, potassium, and a B-12. I will take some cayenne pepper pills later to help. I also used the Neti-pot to clear out my nose a little. Still feel pretty miserable. :P But will manage.

I was spending too much time over at Christy in Seattle's blog. ;) hehe JUST JOKING! I think I got it either from my mother or running errands. I blame my period and low immune system. I also wasn't good at taking my vitamines. :P Sigh.

I made some chicken broth soup. The chicken tastes very broken apart, but the broth is most excellent!

I'm going to get maxiumum rest and pump myself reasonably with vitamins and b-12.
Any other symtom drowning ideas/advice would be welcome! I know we can't get rid of the cold, but I don't mind getting rid of the crappy feeling. :)

Tomorrow if I don't lose more then .5 I will be taking a day off per my doctors request. She said if I loss less then .5 for 3 days that I take a day off from hcg, do the 500 VLCD, then go back onto hcg the day after and have a cheat. Not a whole pie cheat, but eat a piece of cheese sort of cheat. Maybe add a boiled egg. mmmmm. I think this will kick start me.
I know that I can do this once a week if need be. I don't think I care about the loss so much as being able to cheat. :P THis round has been really focused on the 'don't cheat now steff'. This round has been harder in my willpower. My first round wasn't this tough. I mean cheats like - oh, I would love a hot dog like i used to have.

We used to do that in the house, and my husband did it this weekend. Got hot dog buns, and would make a hot dog with ketchup. I would cover it with mustard. I never liked ketchup for it's sugar. And then a side of Frito's. I miss that, and I didn't even know it. It was so trivial at the time. A food to make when we were having a family lazy day at home. mmmmmmmmmm. I miss that. I will have that on my next break. Maybe have hot dogs for lunch in Mexico. mmmmmm. heh.

We are still working on getting the husband along. His boss is out today. :S When he is wanted the most. heh.

My brother in law is going to start the diet. He is on a medication. I have to find out if he talked to his doctor, but has anyone known of medication messing with hcg, or vis versa? I adviced him to go to this doctor, we will see what the doctor said, if the guy even knew about hcg. I don't want to set up my brother in law for something bad. I am not on meds, nor was my husband. I have friends that are not on meds either so it's easy to say 'read the manual and learn' We did a lot of talking and we talked often till it was old hat for us all. I'm still learning things.

anyways. Talk later. Off to go finish my soup and hide under a blanket reading a good book. :) or doze. heh

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're feeling bad! and I totally didn't mean to give you cooties! :)

    My naturopath gave me this weird advice to help with congestion -- what you'll need.

    1 pair thin socks
    1 pair heavy or woolen socks
    hot water
    bed with warm, snuggly covers
    Vicks Vap-o-Rub (optional)

    Soak the thin socks in hot water and wring them out. If you like, slather Vicks all over the soles of your feet (plus, it will soften your feet!). Cover feet first with wet socks, then with dry ones. Get under the covers and stay warm.

    She explained how it worked, but I don't remember. Something about your body being a closed system. Anyway, it did seem to help the congestion, as weird as it sounds!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! My husband, for a sore throat will take a thin sock, soak it in COLD water, then wrap it around his neck. Then he takes a warm wool sock and wrap that around his neck.

    Apperently the cold water pulls a bunch of blood to the area to help heal the sore throat, and it works.

    So as long as it is not on my neck I would be happy to do it. CUrious- is vics p2 okay? LOL.

    This would be nice to do after a really warm bath. I even put on the heater to make the air toasty warm. I love warm. I'm done with cold.

    ReplyDelete