Saturday, January 9, 2010

R2P2: Day 26

Weight: 203.6 lbs
Loss of: 1 lb today
Total Loss: 20.2 lb
Total over all 80.2

Hello All,

So I bought a size 14 swimsuit at Costco. :D I can fit into it!! I am too big for it, but in 30 lbs I should be good. They won't have the suits in a couple months so I thought i would.

I have lost 80 lbs so far! YEAY!

I'm tired and grouchy and I stood up for myself a bit too much at the store today. We were in the self check out. A lady cut in line, I got a bit loud on it, and she and her husband gave us a look. I was like, um your rude to cut in line, please get back into your line. She said it was too slow. Then I told her that she choose to cut in front of us on the slow line and needs to not cut in front of me again!

One of those self check out lanes at Walmart, 2 on one side, and 2 on the other side. You stand in the middle and wait. She and her husband just cut on the right side. We made slightly elevated "I can't believe that" remarks to each other (me and the 2 other people she cut in front) then when that line was too slow she moved over to the left side. We were agast. I said something, I got nasty looks from her. :P I had people behind me actually talk loudly about 'Oh my god, what is that lady doing' and when I turned around and apologized they were like "No, good for you, we are talking about the line cutter" heh. I was so upset that i had to walk out and let my husband finish the purchase. The lady wouldn't even leave after the clerk asked her to get back on her side.

I realized, I am tired of being taken advantage of, or have people do the 'wrong thing' and then get upset when I call it out. Like my friend saying things about my son and if I tell him to be more reserved, he would get upset at me standing up for myself. WHY WHY WHY do people get upset when others stand up for themsevles? What is wrong witht he world?

Ya, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but it was so infurating. I'm not having a good week am I? hehe.

But my losses make up for it!

I did stay up till 3am watching movies though. It was fun. I started Bleak HOuse. WOW that is a cool show. realized it was long at around 2:30, I would have stayed up later if it wasn't for my son waking up. I went up there to check on him, and I fell asleep. heh. anywho.

Sorry I have been posting such bitchy posts lately. I'm doing okay over all. Like any sane person I need sleep and food. (Oh, it was 3:30 at the time and I hadn't eaten all day except for 3 slices of grapefruit and a bite of chicken at home around 11am. :P Not good on this diet to go out on errands when you haven't had lunch. :P

But I'm totally stoked for the swimsuit AND my husband is going to try to get the time off if possible. I told him It wouldn't be a family vacation with out him. I would miss him too much. I want him to be a part of this whole adventure! Also a wife in a sexy swimsuit! hehe.

6 comments:

  1. -80.2lbs!!!!! WooHOOOOOO!! that's just fantastic, chipmunck-

    Ya know, I deal with the same thing with standing up for myself. I am still a large woman, but I was larger. Somehow, I seemed to derive some strength from being larger, and learned to stand my ground, and not be pushed around. Yes, sometimes I was too loud and other times I was too timid. But I started learning that no one else was gonna do it for me, just me. And I felt better afterwards. You did the right thing, saying something to that lady. And IMHO, I don't think you should feel badly saying something, perhaps in a very nice, but firm way, to your friend, if he says anything to you in the future about your son. You are not only standing up for yourself, but your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 lbs... that is just completely fantastic Chipmunck!! Really truly!
    And I'm with Lavenderdiva - rude people suck... glad you said something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement. :) On both situations.

    I think I will compose a gentle but honest email to my friend to let him know how it makes me feel, and that he is entitled to his opinion, yet it does adversely effect me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I caught up on your posts and I am so sorry you are having a rougher week. Congrats on the weight loss though!!! Seriously, when you post these milestones I look back and feel like it was just yesterday when you made another mark and you just decimated that one. :):) You are awesome!

    You are your son's momma and you and your husband are ultimately the decision makers on his upbringing. The compare game and then abrupt people saying things without thinking when it comes to parenting can be so frustrating. Trust yourself and your son. Hang in there and I will write you a little later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People have no manners anymore. Good for you for calling her on it!

    ... and great job on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go gurl!! On the weight loss AND for standing up to the senseless bullies of this world!!!

    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete