Thursday, January 14, 2010

R2P2: Day 30

Weight: 201.8 lbs
Loss of: 1.2 lb today
Total Loss: 22 lb
Total over all 82

My cold has moved from my brain into my face. :( I have been gifted with infection in both ears. My doctor is prescribing, blech, antibiotics. :( I will have my pro-botic on hand!

I've been using the neti pot today, plus took a claritin D to help decongest me a bit. My ears are a mess, my drain pipes don't work. I need to, after I get better, really pursue this. My chiropractor has worked on opening me up, as has my doctor. Nothing seems to work. I think they are tiny and don't work. My ears always feel plugged.

any ideas for home remedies for unplugging ears?

I hate being sick! :( But on the bright side, I did lose some today.
I took 1 day off from the hcg, but continue to eat the 500. Then the next day you go back onto the hcg and have a decent 'cheat'. So I had .88 ounces of cheese and a small teaspoon of peanut butter at the end of the day with my apples. Mmmmm. Happy Steffi! :)

Take care all! Please keep yourselves healthy or on the way to recovery if you got this bad cold!

3 comments:

  1. Try putting some hydrogen peroxide in your ears...if they bubble, it means you have an ear infection. You leave it in for a min or so then turn your head so it can drain out. The peroxide helps kill the bad bacteria and for me, clears up as sinus congestion. Good luck!
    Meg in Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrogen peroxide, diluted in a little warm water, can help, but if the problem is more in your inner ear, it won't help, because your eardrum is in the way. Along those same lines is -- Warm a garlic clove in some olive or sesame oil and trickle a few drops in each ear. Let it settle for a few moments, then turn your head to the side and let the excess trickle out onto a rag. Repeat. Again, if the problem is in your inner ear, not going to help.

    Using Afrin (in your nostrils, as usual) just don't use Afrin for extended periods of time. It sometimes helps with clogging/pain.

    Plug both of your ears with your fingers, close your mouth and swallow repeatedly.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you had a GREAT loss today, despite how icky you feel- I'm so sorry that this is still dragging on for you. Sending you lots of 'feel better' vibes....

    ReplyDelete