Thursday, October 22, 2009

R1P2: Day 72 of VLCD

Weight: 238.4 lbs
Loss of: 0.6
Total Loss: 45.4 lbs

I've realized something, as much as this diet has consumed my life, it's going in the background a little. Business as usual. Its part of my lifestyle now I don't have to think as much, just go 'oh crap' when I don't remember to take my water bottle w/ me out of the house, and sometimes I don't take my hcg in a timely fashion, normally at night. I'm not in a rut, I'm just living life as normal.

I'm looking forward to losing a total of 30 lbs for my cruise, I'm just trying on my size 18 dress every now and then to see how far I have come. It's a quick pick me up, but I"m still not in my boots.

Went to the doctors for a quick update, she had an intern that was totally new to hcg, so it was fun having the doctor explain it to her. I was living proof at the "yes you can live off 500 calories w/ HCG and not faint of weakness"

We got the couches and boy are they big, they really dwarf the room, and I Hope it works out. We made it work out right now, had to my computer desk, which is okay, but now in front of the window like I Had hoped it wouldn't be, but I make do to have a nice living room. :)

I was thinking, when I started HCG I was afraid, really afraid. I have blogged about it in the past, but reading some other people's blogs I was reminded of my little journey. I was afraid it wasn't going to work or I would be the one person allergic to it (apparently there are people that can be allergic to it, or just don't do well w/ it) and I got very emotional about a scene I have produced in my mind 100's of times. I used to live in Bellevue, a very 'trendy' yet multicultural city. You have very wealthy and the very culturally diverse (depending on where you live actually) and we had access to amazing stores yet snobby shoppers. It felt you had to wear your best in that store, and I felt like Santa sans red suit in that place. Santa as in size, I don't sport a beard. Well, there were always these thin woman w/ their daughters and long blonde hair running around in their tiny little velour (?) work outfits that were bedazzled w/ "Slut" on their tushies. Or at least that is what I read when I blinded by sparkled butts. Anyways, they still were magazine beautiful. My mother is a beautiful woman, not one to put slut on her tushie, but more of a 'Chico' style woman. They have her on speed dial when a sale comes up. She is a very thin elegant woman and I admire her both in personality and looks. I hope to be like her when I grow up, I have all her bad habits. ;) (Something only a daughter can say) So I felt so awful when I walked into that mall w/ her because here is a beautiful woman and she is toting her fat daughter around, yes I'm 30 something, and the other woman are walking with 16 year old daughters, but I regress when I see this image. I'm just thinking the 'first thing I want to do when I become thin is dress up with her and go up there and walk into Victoria Secrets and wait for someone to ask "Can I Help YOU find something" :) I do also want to venture into Ambacrombi and Slut.. er Um.. Finch and just stand there and see if someone helps me. I always got weird looks, so I don't like the place much. Yes, Fat people do go shopping w/ their thin friends and are allowed to come into the same stores. No, I'm not going to buy something, I wasn't even presuming so much. :P

I'm going to go help the hubby make dinner. We are doing our Thur night tv night w/ a friend... on our NEW BIG couches, we all can have our own bed! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ya know, I don't really enjoy shopping, even when I was thin. Still, being a smaller size just makes it so much EASIER to find things!

    That lingerie trip sounds like a good reward once you get near goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It is my great desire, also: To go into one of those shops - geared for only "skinny people" and pick out anything I want and be able to pull it off. Oh, I can't wait to go to an Anthropologie store and not feel completely depressed leaving knowing there wasn't a darn thing in there I could wear, because it isn't true anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your great post. I can relate to you in so many ways! I've been off line for a little bit but I'm back and started my 3rd round. I am almost completely caught up with reading your blog. YOU ARE DOING SO AWESOME! congrats on the great things you are accomplishing. Keep it up! YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a while the way we eat becomes a lifestyle. That's so great!

    I finally brought out an outfit I wore years ago and I look at it every day knowing I'll be wearing it soon and that just tickles me to no end!

    ReplyDelete