Thursday, August 20, 2009

R1P2: Day 9 of VLCD - End of day

This morning:
Weight: 272.4 lbs
Loss of: 0.6 lbs
Total Loss:11.4 lbs

I looked back at my log, thank you Bella, and it seems that Broccoli might be the culprit. It seems that my .6 losses are the day after I had Broccoli. I seem to have a slightly different list of 'okay' foods. Melba Toast is not even on there, though I have to admit that is a good thing and should drop it anyways. I think this is why the doctor did that. But Broc and Cauli both made it on the list, which I hear some people can't have cabbage as well. I ate cabbage one day, and it wasn't cooked right so I found it less then tasteful.

Today I allowed myself to have Shrimp. I was holding off since I wanted to get through the fish in the fridge. Some of it gotten a bit too old (maybe 5 oz) and so I took the opportunity to get rid of it, and enjoy Shrimp. A Shrimp Salad with too much chili powder. I threw together garlic, some onion, chili powder and I think that was it. Threw it together in a pan to warm it up, then all on a bed of salad.

OH! I bought myself one of those Syrup things for Waffles. I couldn't seem to find a good spritzer for my dressings. It worked fine.

This week so far has been a good week. I feel perky and the sun shining on me. I dont' feel hungry for the most part. Yes I get hungry with dinner time, or lunch, but that is to be expected.

I went to the gym today to get measured. She was happy to see my weight loss and my 4 inches lost, but was weird about the fast progression. I told her I was taking some meds from the doctor and that was it, she seemed to move on quickly. I was thankful. I have run into people who are so darned nosy about everything that they give you the 20 questions. Complete strangers do not need to know about my love life! Or how many children I will be having, and how my numbers might be off?!? So this 'drop it before it even starts' felt good. I hate being rude and feel like I owe people explanations. You know what.. not everyone with everything needs an explanation!

My parents and I are going to see each other next weekend. I'm excited to see if they notice a difference. I think I have noticed it in my pants. They feel not as tight. Normally I got pants that sag a little below the knee, and above the waist but are TIGHT around the thigh. The pants I wore today sort of 'draped' Now honestly, it looked nice, but not sure how much of it was stretching of the pants, BUT I DON'T CARE! I'm taking it! My other pants I'm suppose to wear next year in Mexico... ya, they are almost dropping of me. They were lose to begin with so I had comfort, but now they are like obviously a size or two too big for me.

I had a friend ask what we wanted to wear for Halloween. I told him 'I'm done being silly things that didn't require size.. I want to wear something sort of sexy this time, if I can get to my size 18/16!" Last year I was 'Bird Flu' since I had a cold and wore a mask to a party. I stapled a bird beak on it, wore all orange and walked around. This year I was thinking 'Swine Flu' BUT that would be a 'fat' mentality I want to leave stranded on the side of the road. I don't want to wear 'fat' costumes. One year my hubby and I did sort of a 'big oil and president' thing, hubby a president, and me as big oil. I got to wear a big costume. I always look for 'big' costumes. This year I want to wear medium or large costumes, not BIG. I am totally into halloween. I tend to dye my hear black, wear a gothic outfit (still in my closet, don't have the heart to part w/ it) and MAYBE this year I might fit into it. I love giving out candy as a goth chick! The costume is as comfy as all get out. Oh, when I was skinny I used to wear a cat costume every year. Not slut kitty, but cute kitty. I had these ears and tail, wore spandex type pants and a black shirt. HOnestly it was cute on me, but when I added the pounds, it looked very SAD on me. heh.

anywho.

1 comment:

  1. I never did brocolli and have heard that others had problems with it. Glad you figured it out!

    Good for you - wanting to wear a smaller costume - it really is how you see yourself!! :)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete