Monday, August 17, 2009

R1P2: Day 6 of VLCD

Weight: 275 lbs
Loss of: 1.4 lbs
Total Loss: 8.8 lbs


Breakfast: Grapefruit

Lunch: Iceburg lettuce, .5 oz diced cucumber, .50z onion, crab w/a mix of paprika, lemon, and some other seasonings. Warmed up the crab and then mixed it into the salad. I couldn't finish it.

Dinner: Not sure yet. I think I might have a steak with broccoli. Some fresh, slightly steamed broccoli.

I bought a whole load of stuff at Costco, I think I have enough for a month, and ONLY bought 1 big top round (very lean), fresh organic chicken- 6 breasts (gave some of them to hubby), and lots of frozen seafood. Shrimp, crab, and cod. I have some taliapia left. I bet I have enough to take me through the next 3 weeks AT LEAST. I also got a huge bag of spinage (main choice of veggie lately) and a big bag of broccoli already cut. Yeay! heh. Maybe more expensive perhaps, but at this point, i'm not eating a whole lot, so I will fancy it up w/ precut.

Doing really good today. My mood has lightened up immensely. I was a little scared to leave the house w/o any food, but I wasn't going to be gone long and I actually wasn't at all hungry. I was around a bunch of food, and actually got grossed out by a lot of it. That has been the weird turn of events for me. No real cravings. I don't want anything really. I do obsess about the food I think a little because I'm always thinking "What am I going to make next" But now I have everything cut into 3.5 oz packs, put most inf the freezer, some in the fridge and now I can make a little menu plan. I think I will print off a list of recipes. I plan on making a jar of dressing for various things so I don't always have to put it all together last moment. Now I can focus on other things.

I'm actually sort of proud of the 8.8 pounds so far. I haven't lost that much in a consistant way for a LONG time. I don't think since I was pregnant (3 years ago) have I actually lost any weight in that amount. I might do 5 lbs.. gain 3, then loss 5 again, so I am down 2, and then back up. To think that I will be seeing the 260's next week some times. That totally BLOWS my mind. I thought about it. I was 275 when I conceived. I was 257 (the lowest in about 8 years) when I had my child. Hence why my doctor knew this was the diet for me.
By the start of next month I could be around my lowest weight in the last 8 years. WoW. Just amazed.
I'm also amazed actually that I'm down even though it's my time of month. Suppose to stop. I hope I don't get all giddy thinking I can lose every month during 'that time of month' heh.

I really moved my body today. I think that helps to just get me unfocused from the diet for a while. I've been making it my life since there is a lot to think about and plan around.

anywho!

2 comments:

  1. I am curious...how have you done with the broccoli? I know that is not on the "P&I" protocol. I know some people do just fine on it while other stall.
    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete