Saturday, August 15, 2009

4th day of VLCD

So, I had an okay day.

Weight: 278 lbs
Loss of: 0.8 lbs
Total Loss: 5.8 lbs

Both days I have had 1/2 a grapfruit. That seems to be a favorite trend of mine personally. I am loving a nice 1/2 grapefruit in the morning. So refreshing. I put 3 drops of the orange stevia drops and it's like eating a pink grapefruit.

Lunch: I made a quick lunch because our friends where over, so I made Spinach w/ Chicken cooked up. Crumbled them in. Yummy.

I have been using this vinegar, dill, lemon sauce almost every day. Its been very tasty with most of my dishes!

Dinner: Tialapia and Broccoli. I loved it. The bright white and green made the dish look attractive to the eyes while tasting yummy in the mouth. I had garlic (which has become my best friend), dill, 1/4 lemon squeeze. Baked the fished, and microwaved the broccoli on 2 min. Yummy.

I think I will have strawberries again for dessert. Mmmmm. Fresh strawberries.


What has made meals so intersting is that they have more of a gourmet feel to them, so I feel that I am really enjoying making it (the closet chef in me) and eating a LOT of fish. The hubby doesn't like fish, so it used to be that I would make stuff we both eat, and not make 2 seperate meals. But now I have to for the most part make my own meals, and let hubby figure out what he wants. He said he has actually reduced a lot of his portion sizes since watching me cook.

I've been a little bummed out this morning. Some minor depression. I took a bath and just thought about it all. I think I figured it out. I'm scared. This might be 'too good to be true' though it's very hard work. No free lunch here. But to think, this might actually be the medical answer to my weight issues.
To think. In a year from now I could be down my 100+ plus pounds and sitting in a bikini at some beach and not look like a beached whale. Going to a foreign country really makes you feel like a Fat American. NOT attractive. So to 'fit in' or rather 'blend in' is making me really get excited about the endline. That all this hard work will pay off.

Eating 500 calories a day isn't easy because at the begining its all new, it's restrictive and it takes some thinking about what you have. But we have a lot of options for me, many different mixtures and I'm getting into the seasonings. I realize that the portions really are the size that my mom eats (she is thin) so it's not like I"m having to eat TINY.. or ABNORMALLY small. W/ the medication it seems that it makes it less hard because you won't be hungry while eating so few calories.
The food has been freeing for me because I can eat things I really enjoy and I have fun playing with the food choices. I am going to create my own list of recipes that I will enjoy. Its fun pouring into a bowl vinegar and then a bunch of spices. I can make hCG protocol approved 'rubs' for my meals. That is where the 'go for the spice of life' comes in. hehe.

I think my big breakthrough moment will be when I have acheived 25 pounds lost, and can fit into the next smaller sized pants. (if I have any left in the house) Then this will be a 'pinch me I'm in a dream' moment. Oh wait.. don't pinch me! hehe.

anywho

2 comments:

  1. I have more strawberries for you! Let me know. My plants are full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your success! i'm new to your blog - and excited to follow this success with you! I will be starting R3 of the HCG next weekend and can't wait. i've lost 32 lbs w/ hcg and truly believe it could be the end of your weight issues.i've been where you are - and to look back and think 'holy crap i was overweight for 10 years and i'm lighter than i've been in that long!' is amazing. i'm very excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete