Wednesday, August 12, 2009

1st day of hCG

So, I woke up 'by accident' at 7:30am. I wanted to sleep in so 'awake' time was to a minimum. I went downstairs, peed, weighted myself: 283.8
I was actually done after taking hCG for the 2nd day and loading. I must not have loaded well. haha. Sigh.

I had a 1/2 grapefruit since I started to feel sick. I conditioned my body during the week of loading to eat in the morning.
I was able to take a bath and then go back to sleep for a little while longer, woke up from a horrid nightmare- something about being allergic to the medication. Lets leave it at that. I'm not of course.

For lunch I made talapia fish and onions (bad choice) with a dill, garlic water, 1/2 lemon mixture. The onions were then thrown in with the fish and broiled? I let that finish up but the onions were as white as the fish and it looked bland. It tasted okay but onions soaked in water is never a great choice. I should have used zuccini or something. I want to be careful w/ using tomatoes too much. Though I could eat one every day. I could even use that as my fruit! hehe.

By around 4pm I was hungry, I made sure I could eat little bits at a time and not all at once w/ the receptionist at my doctors office. The poor gal got plenty of quick 'oh, can I do this" phone calls from me, what a lifesaver though!! :) I cut an apple into little pieces and ate maybe 2 slices total? Then I got the idea to put some vanilla stevia and cinnomon over it and bake it on 'toast 4' in our toaster oven. Keeping that as a dessert.

By 5:30 I said "forget it" i'm just too hungry to wait for dinner. I took 3.5 oz of 4% beef, 3.5 oz of tomatoes and cut them up. browned the beef.
Added a whole lot of seasonings. I think Garlic will be my BESTfriend! I didn't have chilipowder (which I swore I had) and instead used some curry, paprika, and more garlic powder, plus some italian seasonings that only had good stuff. I had a taco seasoning but it has MILK?!? in it???!? Sigh. So I can't use that. Hubby told me to write down all the seasonsings we will need though.
I put it all together and put enough water in there to make a simple 'broth' that will help fill me up.

I hear that the first week CAN be tough for some people. I guess I'm one of them so far. We plan on getting some carbonated water, of course the store we went to had them on sale and where out. :(
What was sort of humourous was that my grocery bill was slightly higher for the week, (we did get vitamins and others though) I could put ALL my weeks worth of grocery in 1 bag. :D I love it!
I'm now slurping up my soup/chili food and enjoying every bite!! Yeay!

I'll get the hang of this, and will need to, when not hungry, go through some recipes to make intersting dishes. Some of them I think I will eat when not on the protocol since they were a bit yummy like tonights meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment