Wednesday, December 30, 2009

R2P2: Day 16

Weight: 213.8 lbs
Loss of: .4 lbs
Total Loss: 10 lbs

Morning folks!

I feel like I am going down again! :) I have one more cheat day I am allowing myself, more maybe a cheat lunch. New Years Day dinner.

It's been harder to stay on task. I won't cheat, but the want for cheating is stronger. :P I had something to motivate me like the cruise to get the weight off.

I've been playing around with the idea of putting my kid into a Montessori school and starting to work again. He could use that interaction with other people with his personality. Currently we are homeschooling, though he is only 3.
I am going to polish up on my skills for the next 3-4 months and learn some new programing/scripting languages to put on the resume, and this gives me enough time to slim down. I would like to be pretty much done with the diet before I apply at work, especially since it's a long commute and I can't run home to get something. It would just be easier for me if I can afford to do it.

I do enjoy spending time with my son, but I miss working and I don't mix well with various mommy groups. I don't also want to be a cab company shuttling my little one from one program to another so he can interact with the outside world. I'm such a hermit I perfer to stay at home, so he doesn't get out much. He is still pretty well mannered when we do go out around other kids surprisingly.

So this is a 1/2 motivator to stick the course. I want that to influence the way I keep clean eating. Other then that I really don't have much emotion when I step on the scale. I have been REALLY focusing on 'can I fit into that coat' ... 'what size shirt can I wear now'
I have been able to get into a size 14/12 at Walmart. I had to buy 1 sweater and 3 slong sleeved shirts. I'M SO COLD! That was enough to make me feel good for a good week. :D

okay, Never step away from the computer before plushing your post. You forget what you were saying after a couple hours. :P

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Congrats on the loss and the new size! WOOOT!!!

    I understand about the kid thing, the mommy group thing, and the work thing. I had my kids in full time daycare at my husband's work from age 2 up. It really helped with their socialization and my sanity. I love, love, love them but that worked best for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and I buy into each other. I forget the saying. But we rouse each other up when upset. I wake up grumpy, my son totally senses it, and then gets grouchy. Yes he is 3 and I am 35 but give me a break! hehe. We FEED into each other. That is the saying. So it's good when we got time away from each other. I love being with him a lot more when we both are soothed in our corners. My husband really is a great middle man.

    My son even knows how to say "Calm down mommy" when I get riled up at the husband. I'm not a quiet person, though I don't yell ALL the time. ;) I am working on it.

    We even had our little boy say at the Christmas Festivities "Calm Down Everyone" LOL. I died laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That is incredible, Steffi! A size 12/14!!! You are doing it, that is for sure!

    My oldest started in a Montessori school last year- I absolutely LOVE it and so does she. :) Which is the main thing. Sometimes there are public Montessori schools- we are working on getting a public Montessori school for ages 6 through 12 in our town. So excited! :) Anyway, talk to you a little later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. any time you get a new size going its very exciting! Congratulations!

    I've been doing the protocol at work, and take my breakfast, lunch, & snacks. It does take me organizing it all the night before, but its do-able.

    I don't have children, but I do understand how Mommies need some adult interaction, and kids need to be around other kids as well. I hope you get just what you need/want this year-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your encouragement.

    I'm a wimp and am afraid of the 'doing the diet at work' part. But my husband really wants me to be thin before I apply. Not that I didn't get a job around 200 lbs. I think we will see where I am in 3 months. I don't want to go longer then that before looking for a job.

    also- Caitlin- I want to talk to you about the curriculum. We feel that my son is a free spirit and don't want to kill that in him. He is just not a conformer, and we don't want him to be. We think that the M. School is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete