Tuesday, December 1, 2009

R1P2: T Minus 36 hours

Weight: 218.2 lbs
Loss of: .2
Total Loss: 65.6 lbs

Woke up to 219, went back to bed for a while. I woke up way too early on my own, was very sleepy still. So I laid down for a bit and woke up to 218.2. I feel like such a cheater.

I did good yesterday, but I didn't get my 4liters in though. I was short 1 liter. I didn't think it was going to effect me as much. Oh well. I was hoping for a bigger loss.

So HELP! I calculate my 'last weigh in' which would be: 9pm took hcg, went to bed. Woke up, weighed in at 218.4 right? That is my stamp?

Then I can't eat anything untill 9pm Wednesday Night? I will most likely introduce an ounce of cheese or nonsugar peanut butter w/ my apples then. :)

I plan not to measure everything and do a Nikki. ;) What is a Nikki- Calm and collected. LIstening to our bodies to do the right thing! :) Sorry Nikki I am so impressed with how you managed well listening to your body. I think I would drive myself crazy trying to get in the right calories. Plus every website has a different calculation.

About.com site: You need 2182.9 calories per day w/o exercise.
ahealthyme.com: You need 2,445 calories to maintain your current weight
active.com: You need 2223 calories.

So I guess they are not all over the board but still, they don't all use the same calculator. Wasn't it Christy who said, through the body bugg, that if you simply get an extra 100 calories a day, that can mean an extra pound a week or month?


My over all goal actually is not stuff my face, but to eat untill almost full. To eat slowly and take it one step at a time. That is my fat problem. I got fat not because I ate McDonalds or something, but because I would make meals for my husband and me, and if I made too much I didn't put 1/2 of it away, I wanted to clean our pot so I would take the food and split it into 2 parts. Eat up! I would take a WHOLE steak from the packaging and cut it in 1/2 for both of us to enjoy, then maybe a side of onions and a potato. My favorite meal. After I went on the diet I realized I ate 3 to 4 x's the amount of meat I should have. I had bad eating habits. I would eat so many carbs, maybe 1 to 2 proteins a week, and rarely a veggie would touch my plate, Funny thing- I LOVE veggies. I loved eating at my parents because my mom would serve 3 types of veggies. I just had a hard time making them, and they would rot in the fridge and I hated wasting money.

So my plan: To make sure to eat 1 to 2 veggie serving, 1 protein (4-6 oz?) serving per meal. No starch right now, but I want to have that as the smallest serving when I do include it. I need to find how much meat is a serving. Isn't it 4-6 oz per serving? OH. I will eat 100g of protein. Double what I am doing now.

anywho. PLEASE, ifyou have any more p3 tips let me know! I Wanna hear them all. Links are perfectly fine too!

btw: Lavendar- I go on my cruise at the end of the week. I'm not going w/ the family so I get a mini-vacation from them. I love them yes, but it's nice to get a little break. heh. A woman's week off. I don't get those. It's a gift from my parents. I go to Mexico. What is awesome is that one stop is in Mazaltan and our friends are down there that my father got to know like 10 years ago. We love them dearly. They help me improve my Spanish (they are a Mexican family, not a relocated American family) and I have learned so much about the Mexican Culture through them. Better then any history channel. I feel more in touch with mexico. I would rather go to Mexico then Canada any day if I had to 'leave the USA' hehe. :P

anywho

3 comments:

  1. Hey! You're doing great. Now as far as the calculations go... it was my understanding you count what you weighed on the day of the last injection/dose. Now my personal experience is that I could stabilize lower. I did both my first and last rounds. I loved seeing the 130s in my first round that when I dropped down there on the first day of the 72 hour VLCD before P3, that I ended up doing steak days when I went up to the 140s to get back down and that worked fine. Technically my last dose weight this time is 117.6 but I dropped to 113.9 on that first day and love that weight. I am almost exactly in between those 2 weights right now.

    I am so excited for you and this trip! Take LOTS of pictures. Will you have internet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting trip you have coming up! Enjoy yourself whole-heartedly!

    As to the calories, if you take in 3,500 more calories than you burn, you gain a pound of fat. Water weight, of course, is its own mysterious deal.

    The bodybugg lady said that most healthy women with somewhat normal metabolisms burn about 1.3-1.5 calories a minute just sitting on the couch. I burned about 1 calorie a minute while sleeping.

    Take all of this with a grain of salt, but I did some quick calculations for you. Of course, I don't know how many calories a minute you're burning, but maybe you can use this as a baseline or a very rough guide.

    24 (hours) x 60 (minutes in a hour) = 1,440 minutes a day

    If you get 8 hours of sleep a night, then you'd burn slightly more calories for 16 of those hours.

    16 (hours) x 60 (minutes in an hour) = 960 minutes with "activity bonus"

    If you are really inactive during the day, then maybe you burn, on average, 1.3 calories while you're awake.

    If you do a fair amount of office work or housework thru the day, then maybe you burn closer to 1.5 or 1.6 calories a minute while awake. Have you been walking at all? For me, when I was around 195 pounds, walking burned between 6 and 7 calories a minute.

    Assuming those figures, you'd need between about 1,750 and 2,100 calories a day to maintain.

    The sites have such different figures because without doing metabolic tests on you (or without a bodybugg), it's hard to know just how many calories you burn, because the sites don't know how much muscle you have. Every pound of lean muscle you have burns between 35 and 50 more calories a day then a pound of fat. That's why men, in general, lose weight so much faster than us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love how technical you get Christy!

    We will do a LOT of walking I hope on the cruise. Along with me sitting on my butt and reading! :)

    ReplyDelete