Wednesday, May 26, 2010

R4P3: Day 1

Weight: 171.4 lbs
LDW: 173.8

Today was a good day, but I woke up WAY earlier than I expected. My son is a little under the weather and couldn't get back to sleep, We took a long nap. It was nice.

I had an omelet with some tomatoes and lots of spices. Some hot wings (couldn't eat much of them. Had a sliced apple with cheese for dinner. I just had some more hot wings to get my protein. lol. I will have another apple tonight I think OR my hubby will make me a strawberry smoothy w/ full fat milk. Mmmmmm.

I did have the cheese 'run through' me for the first day, so I am going to be more careful with it.

Tonight's Theme: Let Passion Be Your Decorator

Words to think: Achieving authentic harmony through our surroundings. Revising: Make work what doesn't work.Always revealing another aspect of our perspective as we discover it. Trust your instincts. A magnum opus can take a lifetime to create.


If we realize it or not. We show our selves in everything we do, say and show. We can't help it. We either are the authentic self, or the self deceptive self. We are our motivations, our passions. I think when we go to the store and pick something up, be it a pair of shoes, or scarf, we are showing the world "I'm dependable, I'm sensible, I'm inspired" I mean, every time I see a woman detective on tv run around in heals I go. "If that was me, I would put on some REAL shoes!" I think we acheive harmony if we get the things that we want. If that means conservative because that is how we feel, then so be it. I am someone who doesn't like too flashy of a print on my pants or shirt. I enjoy a nice black or tan slack with some single color shirt for the most part. I also enjoy one color jersey work out type shirts to lounge in. I am someone who likes comfort and not be too flashy. I just don't enjoy animal prints nor swirls nor polka dots! But that shouldn't stop the next person from celebrating and reveling in it.

I think we need to have a blue print for what we want our lives to look like. Now that you have that binder full of happy thoughts and what we want to 'be' in the future, it's not enough. Now we need to figure out how to put it in action. What can we do? Buy this cereal? Empty that cabinet of that crap food? Find a healthier alternative to that food? Buy those sexy running shorts and sneakers so we actually go outside and run? We need a plan of action.

Once we have that plan of action, we need to be willing to revise it!! This is the part I think I stumble on. I am going to write a cookbook. I get too overwhelmed by it. What if its not perfect. I have to figure it ALL out before I write it. I have a laundry list of recipes I do have, and ones that I made up that I want to make. But I want the book layout already figured out before I have actually tested the stuff?!? What the heck! No! I told my husband today: I am going to, now that I am on p3 and not restricted to 200g of meat a day (hehe), work on these recipes and let the other things come when they are needed. No forworring. We need to allow ourselves the ability to say "Crap, this path is a dead end, instead of boldering through to the other side I'm going to turn around and revise my map of action"

This plays into the fact that new adventures and obstacles (or as my old boss used to say "Opportunity to succeed!) show up. Maybe we find out we really don't like the chocolate brown pants? Maybe we realize, wow, orange does look good on me! Regardless of what my mom says. I do like eating this new type of veggie, or wow that alt bread is gross! Or maybe we can't deal with the vast amounts of passion we expected of ourselves, instead of tempering and stretching it out? We need to be allowed to revise our plan, as long as we move somehow forward, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse before we can move forward.

I love the line " A magnum opus can take a lifetime to create." We will never be done, at least I hope we won't, with our 'perfect' self EVER! New ideas pop into our minds, we grow older and hopefully wiser. We find out that sometimes it's okay not to learn to play that instrument because I would rather spend my time learning to knit. I don't knit. I find no enjoyment in this art because I can't do it. I can't do cross stitch either. But I have come to terms with these things and spend my time in things I can do well. Quilting, crocheting and sewing. I enjoy them because I seem to move forward when I learn them. It's not something I feel I am always at square 1 with. It's finding these talents and skills we can spend our time on rather then waste our time in the hamster wheel.

I'm glad I was able to pull something from tonight's journal. :) It seemed very bleak at the start because it was very physical redecorate your room sort of writing at the start. LOL This is a great book for anyone who wants to change their physical space a bit and get all cozy. It's a lovely read.

Take care everyone! Consider yourself hugged!

No comments:

Post a Comment