Sunday, May 23, 2010

R4P2: Day 14

Weight: 173.8 lbs
Loss Today: -.8
Total Loss: 12.4
Total over all: 110

I'm hoping that the woozieness is a potassium issue, though I have been taking some. Maybe the wrong kind? Anyways. I'm tired tonight. It was a long day of hanging out with some friends, my son meeting a little girl and having a TON of fun! My husband had to work today so it was hard to be without him. He is doing a lot of overtime because work has a deadline and a lot of work to finish. Money! heh. But there will come a time that he will be done w/ the overtime! Since I really want his time more than the money!

Tonight's Theme: Nurturing Your Authentic Flair.

Words to chew on: Our real life budget may delay the process longer than our conscious minds might wish. transformation not without transition. sleepwalking to awakening. Extraordinary gift of time- time to know what you love.

Real life goes by one day at a time. It is eternally ticking away from us. But this is also frustrating when we see an end. Our goal weight. Only 50 more lbs away, especially after losing 110lbs looks very close. You might have 7 lbs to go, but feels like a life time. Reading someone's blog (almost caught up) I'm made aware of another person's struggle of what I go through- the constant little losses, a sudden small gain, then a big loss. Rinse and Repeat. It makes us feel like we are getting no where fast, though one day we wake up and we are almost there.

I can be focused on the numbers, I can play the numbers all day long. If I only lose X amount in Y amount of time. But I am realizing we are so focused on the numbers we forget that we have a destination to prepare for. We are transforming into new people, healthier people, thinner people. Happier people? We should not sleep walk through this phase focused on numbers and inches. We should lift our heads up and figure out what we want that destination to look like?

I read in tonights journal that to reimagine the house, or get it to what we want, we should create a book, a binder of sorts and start collecting samples of what we want, a picture out of a magazine, and such. I think we could do this as well. Not just put in magazines of dresses, but of how we envision our life. People doing yoga? Riding a bike? Marathon pictures? Maybe we see a picture of a picture perfect family eating watermelon and sipping water with wedges of lemon? Anything that sparks how we might want to live and then try to realize these things in our life. We will never be 'picture perfect' and I do not advocate it, but find our Authentic Self within that picture. Find a yoga class perhaps. Buy the healthy foods. But with a road map, and a mental reminder of what we want will make it true.

I used to totally suck at hitting a ball when I was playing fast pitch as a teenager. Then I got a coach that told me to sit, close my eyes and while waiting in the dugout for my turn, envision myself hitting the ball. You know what- I did hit the ball A LOT more!!

It is our turn to take control of our healthy lifestyle and find things WE want in our lives before we just sleepwalk our way back up 10, 20, or 50 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Regarding the potassium gluconate-- if you are taking 1 550mg tablet per day, you are only getting 90mg of Potassium in that one tablet. You probably need to take 2 per day- say 1 in the morning with your breakfast, and 1 in the evening with your dinner. While on the hcg, you need a bit more potassium than when you are not on protocol.

    Great insight today Steffi! I LOVE your idea of making a journal filled with how we want to look/be when we lose the weight. I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the input!!!! I didn't know that 550mg was 90mg of Potassium. :D Glad you helped me with that. I think at this point I am stopping and I was just finding ANY reason to stop. Sometimes 'knowing in your body' is a good reason to stop. heh. I did get a little bit weird going 99mg we should take, and at 3x a day.. that is MUCH less then the 550mg. Thank you again!!!

    I love the ideas that are coming to me from this journal. She is pretty awesome. I have another book from her. Victorian Traditions, that i want to dig up and tell you the name of. That is a 'must have' book if your into finding fun traditions to do throughout the year, though many are kidcentric.

    btw: I have been updating myself on your blog! I wish you well!!! Keep posting. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete