Friday, May 21, 2010

R4P2: Day 12

Weight: 175 lbs
Total Loss: 11.2
Total over all: 108.8

Evening! Feeling good about a .8 loss. I have been a little light headed, but TOM is coming! :P I hope that is the cause of the occasional wooziness. I did my hhcg drops wrong and tilted them too much, well, making it go up and down gives me smaller drops, and I notice less hunger over all. So keep an eye on how you do drops. I hate shots so much, but I like that it never really goes over or under every day. You get the right amount huh?

Tonight's Theme: A Nest of Comfort.

Things that jumped at me: cozy nests of comfort, the essential spiritual grace our home should posses is the solace of comfort. authenticity, comfort to cradle the body and soul.

This idea of making a physical space in your place to create a nest of comfort. I think, instantly, FOOD! That is what seemed to get us into this mess in the first place right? We don't eat bad foods because we hate it or makes us uncomfortable. They are called comfort foods for a reason. I think we should try to focus on finding comfort space instead. What are things you like, what are habits you see others doing that bring you comfort.

We need to change our comfort foods if we are to stay at a healthy weight and not get us into trouble in the long run. I realized, in p3 I had to eat differently and I had come to the realization I really like peanut butter (non sugar) and apples. I even ate it as a lunch it was so yummy. Normally I would grab a p4 thing which would make me gain weight, but I found renewed happiness in this new item. But I think I need to go one step further than this, I think we all do- we go to comfort food because we are unsettled.

I think we should make a space in our home for that. A comfy chair, a new tea pot, something that makes US feel special and gives us the ability to move away from foods and use time and place as a comfort. If we could just move ourselves to our bedroom and snuggle up with a favorite comforter while looking at an amazing painting/poster/picture that somehow inspires us. That would be our bite of macaroni or tub of ice cream. We should delight in food, but NOT use it as comfort. Not lean on it as a crutch to get us through a hard time, we should have a space to do this. Go there and maybe pick up a photo album of all the happy things.

OH! Take a 3 ring binder and put 100 of those plastic sheets in it, and start filling it up with personal sayings, pictures of family that makes us happy, of paintings, or anything. Pressed flowers, tickets to a great musical. Anything that can help us get us through our moment. Maybe the 1st page should be of a picture that gives us hope, inspiration and motivation to pull us out of the dark and realize, this is our food.

This will give our souls the nourishment that no ice cream or pretzel could ever give us!

2 comments:

  1. Another great loss today Steffi! You have to be excited about that- you're doing SO great this round!!

    I love this series of posts you're doing- I've been learning a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited about the current rate of loss. I woke up realizing WOW I might not reach 160 by end of my round, but who cares. I am at a former goal of mine I forgot! :P

    Thanks for your feedback! It has me motivated to come back every night and reflect on the next topic that I and others can gleam some insight. The "Simple Abundance" book should be on every shelf, it's so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete