Monday, April 12, 2010

Update: Mental Blocks

Hey folks!

I just talked to a friend of mine who has apparently tried the hcg but can't seem to do it. I have seen others from time to time deal with the same issue: Not able to do it.

I realize that hcg works. You do the program you WILL lose weight! It will work for you on the 1st day, it will work on the 30th day! It will work round 1 and round 30. (Or I am assuming about round 30. heh)

But seriously. If you can't do it, there is a mental block going on and YOU DESERVE to rip that mental block away and heal the wound. We all deserve to be healthy mentally along with physically!

Don't delude yourself that you can't do this diet. you can, but you just might have to clean up your mental closet of it's skeletons! You might have to seek out a friend, a book or councilor (I like therapy because it's a person with some knowledge that will be there to help you specifically on your problem) but you can do it. It will be as hard as being on the diet, but come on. You will thank yourself.

I grew up having my food controlled by my mother. It wasn't out of cruelty, she ran the kitchen and she gave us breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn't have a healthy relationship with food. I was thin and ate healthy, but my connection to food on my own terms were not there. I had training wheels. Then I was kicked out into a world to figure it out. You just 'know' how to do these things right? NO! WRONG! You don't. If you don't have a manual you can't just get into a car and just 'drive'. So I was with out a Pilot. So I ate pasta and pizza w/ a side salad. Lots of soda and started to get fatter. I landed at 180's for the next several years. Then I met my husband- family who had no real issues with food. But I went into their home like a kid in the candy store. The monitored the stuff they had. This was the first time I really hit the processed foods and candy hard. I GAINED weight.

Just never knew. I learned. I knew how to 'do the right thing' but by then I was knee deep in a 'disorder' a psychological eating problem. I hated to be left out of all food events, and I used food for love.

I saw a therapist. She helped me to become a well rounded person. I started eating right, but the weight was suborn. But I didn't feel that tie to food, that uncontrolled need to feed. I just had a messed up physical body. I would be great if I had hcg at that time. :P

So I had the mental tools to deal with eating, but not the physical ones. Now I do. I feel some issues are still there, I know about them. I work with them.

We can all do this diet. we just might need to work on the other problems that are just as big, if not bigger, than our physical problems!! We can do it! Allow yourself to heal. Allow yourself to become healthy. I don't care what you have done in your life, there is no reason why you can't look forward and create a life you want. One that is healthy, happy and kind to not only those around you but to yourself too! Why punish yourself for the REST OF YOUR LIFE for something that happened in your past? Deal with it! I mean- go to therapy, write it down, work it through, and let it go so that you can be everything you deserve to be TODAY!

2 comments:

  1. People want a magic cure. There's no magic cure. When some people have asked me what I'm doing to lose weight and I tell them, you can just see them shut down when they hear they'll be eating 500 calories a day, and not able to eat out for the duration of the protocol. They still want to do all the things they want to do, but only lose weight doing it! Not possible.

    You are right that this is the easiest most productive way to lose weight, but it is not without sacrifice. But what you get in the end is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete