Thursday, April 8, 2010

R3P2: Day 17

Weight: 185.4 lbs
Loss of: .2 lbs
Total Loss: 14.8
Total over all: 98.4
Lbs left to lose: 52.4


Morning all!

The loss has been a little slower for me, but I am ovulating, and I always grind to a halt during this time of the month. My TOM is much nicer to me then ovulation.

I am going to try to cleaner this week, I realize if I do any modification I will supplement it with items normally associated with fat. Non-fat sour cream. I think that has been our only big 'cheat'. We are going to try non-fat milk in coffee, or possibly non-fat shredded cheese with apples or in a soup. We will see.

My husband has started the diet and he already passed me. He is doing the cheats too. Do not think I am deluding myself, I know I am 'cheating' on the diet and that I could suffer from lower losses. But that hasn't been the case actually. Sometimes I feel like I have larger losses compared to my other rounds. It could be the hhcg too. It's amazing stuff that costs SO LITTLE! I am enjoying this round more than round 2.
It's gotten more fun because the husband now is on the same diet. We do things together and think together and I don't have to watch him eat something naughty and have me drool.
It's funny, we always lament the things we didn't eat during loading. I didn't eat pasta. I regret that since I didn't eat pasta during p4 either. I wish I had at least 1 plate of pasta coming up to round 2.

The thing is I gained 5 lbs because of not drinking water or something. Then my dad was saying I should start now, instead of later, to motivate me. I didn't want to add a bunch more lbs. I sort of wanted to lose the 5 lbs before p2, then I thought, but then that is sort of dieting before you start an amazing diet. huh? ya, didn't make sense, and I didn't want to gain more. So I just started w/o eating some things I really wanted to. Like pasta. Yes, a little rant.

I'm starting to be able to take the time reading your blogs. I have a lot to catch up on. I am thinking, since it feels so overwhelming to start off reading up to date stuff, and then slowly read the past blogs I haven't read. :P

Thanks for all the encouragement I am getting from everyone. Its nice to know we are not alone in this process! I always welcome any tips and advice! :)

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. do you think your cravings could be TOM-related? I'll bet so- As long as you've been on the protocol, and as many rounds as you have behind you, you know what works for you and what doesn't. I think you need to do whatever you need to do, within bounds, to stay on the regime. If that means tweaking what you eat a little-bitty bit, then so be it! The weight will come off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's weird Steffi! I knew I posted a comment yesterday, after this post of yours, but when I came to check today, it showed 0 comments. I clicked 'comment' to leave a remark, and there popped up my comment from yesterday! Its there, but it only shows if you get the white box up to type. THEN it shows 1 comment, and shows my post from yesterday...... weird....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing Lavender! Within bounds. I think I just enjoy the cream so I put it in low fat amounts, and just a little at that.

    I know I am not a protocol purist, but for the long haul it will make it somewhat more enjoyable.
    I hear people in my head saying "It's not suppose to be enjoyable, it's suppose to work the way it works to help you medically!" heh. But at the same time I have gone through life saying "Suck it up, your not suppose to enjoy life, your suppose to just do your work. It's lazy to think you can enjoy anything." But I am tired of 'not enjoying' things. I am tired of pulling out all the fun in a project to make sure it's work.
    I'm going to enjoy the protocol, if it means changing it, and honestly- if I don't see the numbers I can always scale back to clean eating.
    Also- I have noticed, my numbers have always been low during ovu and tom. So I can't start questioning if it was the cheating immediately.
    It's been a crazy ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see both your posts. Weird what you ran into. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a quandary with whether to add a few things into this round, to keep me on track. Yesterday I added zucchini in to my dinner, with fear and trepidation. I actually still lost this morning, so that made me feel better. I really didn't have this issue in either R1 or R2, but now that I'm in R3, frankly I'm just bored with my limited choices. I still have at LEAST 60 more lbs to lose, and want to make this experience as 'enjoyable' (I know you know what I mean!) as possible. This is the best way I've found to lose weight, and if I can stick with it, I know I'll reach my goal weight.

    Suzanne (over at Suzanne 2.0, link here: http://suzanne2point0.blogspot.com/

    shared this website with me yesterday:

    http://hcgdietomaha.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/omaha-med-spas-hcg-diet-in-pictures/

    its a Dr's website who recommends the hcg diet, but expands on the food choices and the calorie limits. While I'm wanting to stick with the 500cals/day aspect, I am open to adding in a few food choices, as long as I don't gain weight doing so.

    You've been doing this for so long and so successfully now, that you seem to have figured out what works for you. It must be great to have your dh on the protocol too- so much easier NOT to see other foods in front of you!

    ReplyDelete