Sunday, April 4, 2010

R3P2: Day 13

Weight: 187.8 lbs
Loss of: gain lbs
Total Loss: 12.4
Total over all: 96
Lbs left to lose: 54.8

Whoa. I had a pretty big gain the other day. I tend to do that when I come into ovulation. It is like a TOM. That seems to be MY TOM. :P I also could have just been seeing some gain possibly from not eating 100% clean, but I have had such great losses through out not eating 100% clean that I don't want to simply be pointing a finger. Oh, to boot- my scale has been a little ... weird... lately. I don't understand why it's acting up. I weight 3 times today and it gave me different answers. Makes me also question that one gain. I used to only weigh once in the morning. I'm going back to that.... I hope. :)

I hope everyone had a great Easter! It was miserable weather up here. SIGH. It really didn't put me in the celebration mood. We went to inlaws, and my parents. We had a roast and red cabbage w/ my parents. p2 friendly! This is their Sunday dinners normally. Hubby asked "Hey, we should do that at home.. how easy it is?" Easy my mom says because it's a slow cooker thing, and I have a small slow cooker, I don't have to bring out my 'feeds 100' cooker. :)

Honestly- I will be happy when I am all done w/ the diet because then I can go back to eating normal and try all new healthy things,and do a french one pot or something. I watched Julie/Julia. WHAT a great movie it was!! Netflix on demand. Just started it on my computer, pulled up a couch section and snuggled in a blanket. It was nice. Very very nice. It was one of those chick flicks you just watch and enjoy. Nothing heavy, nothing fancy or riviting. Doesn't get your blood going or make these big climax moments where your stressing out a little if the character is going to make it. Just a simple home fries movie! :) I really enjoyed watching the story unfold and not feeling it has to have this 'big "oh my" moment'

yes it is about food. Down side when your on the hcg diet. Some amazing dishes were made that I was like "I WANT TO TRY IT!" but I did put the Julia Child cookbook on my wish list. She really gave me some hope that I can do something with my cooking fantasy. Maybe I will go to a cooking school in the area or something. I love to cook, and my love for cooking made the hcg diet a good challenge. I honestly feel that the stuff we are given strips away the cheating. We can't open a can, or cook from a box. It forces us to use spices that we might never try. Learn that you can make 20 dishes from tomatoes and chicken and not get the same dish twice. And each dish is going to be fresh and amazing!

I want to make a little hcg cookbook from the stuff I have learned, but at the same time I think with all the new options I just want to make a fun cook book with healthy foods. Add some p3 stuff. Or just create another 'fast and healthy' cookbook. :) heh. anyways. I find food amazing. It nourishes us. It tastes good most of the time. The good healthy stuff reallly tastes good. It can be made a dozen ways, and it doesn't have to take forever to bring something to the table.
I have made a menu I want to make for my parents. I made some of the dishes. But I have put together a 5 course p2 friendly menu. Using various p2 recipes, I can put a really fun meal together. I love making 5 course meals. I made one for 6 of my close friends. It was SO MUCH FUN! I am not a 'every day' cooker. I'm a 'show off cook' I would say. I love to make food and watch people enjoy them. I want to find flavor combos that will knock your socks off. I want to find new ways of putting two things together and you say "wow, and this tastes amazing too" I love testing stuff on my parents. I have made fun desserts from something in the pantry, but still looked very gourmet. So much fun.

Today was good. Dreary weather I am ready to say goodbye too. Please just rain to fill up our reservoirs and lakes, but then knock it off and give us some sun!! :)

Right now I'm a bit peckish after eating some extra lettuce to ward off the munchies, not working. So I am in that 'this is hard.. so hard... I can't wait for it to be done' mood right now. I know if I eat my apple, I will be fine. I should have saved some protein though to go with the apple. Pity Party. I think I will go dive into my Netflix account and find another good movie to watch! :)

btw: For all you Iphone/Itouch users out there. Something I found out today- you can go to NBC's website on the device and watch your show!! I have several things like Parenthood (pretty decent show) and watch when I am somewhere with WiFi! :) WOOT!

Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Netflix rocks! I actually watched the same movie a couple days ago. It was very drool worthy (fresh lobster, chocolate cake, Bree cheese on french bread). If cooking is a passion of yours, you should follow your dreams. It's never too late to jump in and go for it! Also, thanks for the IPhone tip. I am always looking for parenting help:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that film. Terrific! Thanks for the iPhone tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the tips were useful!

    I so love the idea of food. We all have to eat, and we should all be allowed to eat health with out sacrificing our time either. I don't like to actually cook daily meals. I'm hungry I want to eat now! heh. I love finding good recipes, or coming up with my own recipes so I can limit the daily time in the kitchen. I do LOVE to cook when it's for a evening dinner party though.

    That film was amazing. So drool worthy.

    ReplyDelete