Wednesday, April 21, 2010

R3P2: Day 30

Weight: 180.2 lbs
Total Loss: 20
Total over all: 103.6
Lbs left to lose: 46.4

20 lbs in 30 days. Not bad. Still over the .5 average. Not too shabby, though in my perfect world I would have an average of .8 instead of .7. I'm going to be on this diet forever.

I had a slight melt down with my husband. I just want the weight gone and move forward. I want to buy more then 1 pair of goodwill jeans in my size of the day. I want to move forward. I'm into sustainability and want to get my pantry ready with things I can eat. Okay, the last part I can still do on the diet but still. I want to bake bread and such and EAT IT! I will eat bread but I want it to be homemade. I want to learn how to can. Anyways.

So listening to Lavender's advice I find myself going 'Yes to the break, but no to the 6 weeks" It was VERY helpful. I need someone to say "DO THIS!" and I get my real feelings out on the table of what I really want. I want to take a break when my husband losses his 17 lbs he has left to lose. He doesn't want to take a break before then. I don't blame him. But I would like to do p3 with him together. Support.

So, if I loss lets say an extra 10 lbs to his 17 that would leave me with 36 lbs left to lose. Maybe an extra 10 if I go to 123. :P Will this diet never end.

I LOVE this diet. I love that I am losing weight so fast and that I am getting my body normalized. But it has taken most of my life since August and I just feel like I am in clothes/life limbo. I'm always on the diet and have had various outtings that I just want to eat normal w/ everyone else. I just want to go back to 'normal' Not eating Big Macs and crap. I'm talking about normal thin me lifestyle. :) heh.

Yes, I'm doing a lot of offloading.

I feel like wow I lost 20 lbs.. and so I should only have 35 more lbs to lose, but I started at 68 lbs to lose. I started at 200 this round, and my mental mind started at 183. DUMB! So I feel like I am behind.

I almost fit into my size 14 pants, so no complaints about my physical form. I'm actually happy with the inches lost. I haven't measured w/ tape but I have measured with clothes. It's nice to dip into my mom's closet for shirts. I love that I can fit into my husband's shorts. So I have some extra clothes.

I got rid of alllllll my size 8 - 16 clothes RIGHT before this diet. It was my 'I will never be thin so I might as well get this toxic thought out of my life' and then 3 weeks later my doctor introduces me to the diet. I needed to clean house before I got the gift but it sort of sucks. I do have my prom dress and some other dresses because they were too expensive and nice to get rid of. Sigh. So I don't have 'play clothes' to fit into. I tried to find on ebay a 'lot' of size 14/12 clothes at a small price but wow.. not spending 100 bucks for 2 weeks. LOL.

Does anyone know of a site that they sell a 'box' of clothes in 1 size? Maybe I will try craigslist now that I am getting into normal sizes.

I have been playing a bit too much facebook. I am stepping away from the computer and putting that energy into inventorying my pantry, set up a todo list of how we can make our family more sustainable and make sure I have a 1-2 week reserve of water and such. There was a farm up north from me that leaked poop sludge into a local river, but not enough to shut it down. There was in Seattle a water main break that kept people out of water in the summer last year for about 2-5 days. So I just want to be minimally prepared for small stuff like that.
I want to get my garden up and running, and set up a herb garden on my window sill.
I want to take some of my big pants and make them smaller to see if that will help my mood. :) I just want to get more stuff done in my life that will benefit me other than farmville! ;) hehe. anyways. Talk to you gals all later!

3 comments:

  1. I think clearing out all sorts of clutter, physical & emotional, goes with the hcg protocol. I find that wonderful (though painful & infuriating at times)-- I've been on way too many diets where I tried to only change my intake, and didn't really address all the issues that made me overweight, and kept me there.

    You're right on track with your weight losses. You've managed to do what so few people have EVER done! Lose over 100lbs!!!!! Even though you've done some pretty long rounds over the last year or so, and want to be further along in your journey, I'm of the belief that it takes us as long as it takes us. Sometimes, the duration of our rounds is entirely dependent on how fast our heads can wrap around losing the weight. You've already come SO far in a relatively short period of time. Think of it this way, this is a certain period- say, a year and a half or so- out of your entire life! That you are able to attain a normal weight during that span is just remarkable. It takes this time to develop normal eating patterns, and deal with all the emotional issues that have been holding you back. You are gaining mental and emotional strength while you are doing this. This will only make you better able to face the rest of your life. Yes, at the moment it just seems interminable. But when you look at it, that you are developing healthy eating habits, making yourself stronger in every way, and that these benefits will last you the rest of your life, it really isn't that long. What other diet could you do, see the benefits you already have seen, in this short a period of time? I beg to say, none.

    Hang in there! You are SO very close to your goal, and it will feel SO good!!!

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *HUGS!!!*

    I needed to hear that from someone. Glad it was you!

    Wow. To think how many years I was wasting being fat. Not feeling good about myself, cringing in the mirror. Even on the diet I look at how sexy I am. :)

    In the spectrum of things, yes only 3-4 more months is NOT a long time. I blink longer then that sometimes I feel.

    This diet is the diet to end all diets. Or rather this medical process that is making me healthier than I have ever been.
    I have been able to offer the solution to others to get their life back.

    I am going to take a close look at my calendar about this. I think I have been overshadowed with this concrete idea of 'being done before summer' and 'not wanting to wait to buy clothes' hehe.
    I have decided that I will get into size 12 before I take a break, this means I can borrow my mom's pants. If size 12 takes too long (I'm just SQUEEZING into size 14 and we know how quickly that will go) I might just buy 2 pairs of pants. My tops are JUSt fine and my mom loaned me 5 of her nice shirts to carry me through.

    Thank you for reading my posts and offering me such great verbal hugs! :) Thank yoU!

    ReplyDelete