Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Are you a dreamer or visionary?

So as I am training to run I signed up for Jeff Galloway’s Newsletter. I like his ‘run/walk’ method of training. So I don’t have to learn to run over night. :)

Anywho- Well he sends this motivational letter to you to read. I caught on to something about hcg and us: Dreams vs Visions.

The idea is that dreams are able to be more then we can get to. Like flying. Being so tiny and such a low weight and skinny figure that it is unrealistic. Maybe coming in under 1 hour on a 26 mile run! Those are dreams, but they can be fairly unrealistic. Visions are like dreams, but they seem to be steeped in some form of reality and goal setting. I guess it’s like saying “I’m releasing weight’ vs “i’m LOSING weight'” (that has a feeling that we will find it later).

We need to be realistic with our goals. I talked to a lady today, she said she likes small goals that she can reach. I tend to be a big spender when it comes to goals. BIG goals that I can work on failing!

Lets start with small goals. Losing 1 lb at a time. Shaping ourself one step at a time. What can we realistically accomplish today? I want to clean the whole house, but it needs to be put into small realistic bite sized goals. We need this because WE NEED to SUCCEED once in a while, and show ourselves what setting up ourselves for success vs failure feels like. Even if it means to clean out one side of the sink by putting all the dirty dishes in the other side. ;) We just need to find little ways other than food that we can feel good about. :)

4 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me smile first, and then think! Somehow you always say what I need to hear! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The motivational email was so awesome. I have to figure out how to post it. It had so much of what we need to hear as 'dieters' as well. The left brain logic vs the right brain creative!
    btw: I am SO happy to have your blog now going to my email- so POST, POST POST! I want to see your lovely words in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've no idea how much I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helderheid!! I'm so happy that others are getting value out of the thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete