Sunday, September 19, 2010

72 hour countdown

Hey folks,

So I have decided since I am going to be serious about this training, and trying it for a few days, that I need to be off the diet in order to ‘eat right’ for training. Meaning more carbs to sustain me on the 3 mile walks. I just can’t get away from trying to do a daily 3 mile walk. I’m addicted. But with that I need to eat more. I hope no one really disagrees. I have the right to change my mind. I have the right to change my mind. I will say this enough times not to feel guilty to the outside world. I tried to ‘eat a little more’ and not gain weight but that seems a little troublesome right now.

I will give myself a week OFF the diet and see how it works. If I find myself gaining too much (which I need to do a daily weight and body fat calculations (I have a machine.)) I will go back on the hcg. We will make it work!

I’m excited though. I found a race RIGHT OUTSIDE my door. We have an awesome park across the street. They have one Nov 7th. I will run that one, I hope to find a 5k walk sooner though. I am itching to get these feet in something ‘official’.

I walked last week: Sun:3miles, Mon: 1 mile, Tue: 2.13mile, Wed: 1 mile, Thur: Day OFF (house work), Fri: 3 miles, Sat: 3 miles (Total: 13.13 miles)

I hope to land 15 miles this week. I did some miscalculations on several walks and didn’t make time for a couple walks because of time restrictions. But 13 miles from 0 miles is still something.

Okay- off to shower. We are going to my parents an hour early so I can get my husband to do 3 miles with me!! :) I AM HYPED!!!

I will post more theme hopefully tonight after I get home.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I support your decision.

    What machine do you use to calculate your body fat? Is it part of your scale (mine is) or do you have a special machine? I am asking cause I would like to get one like my doc used on me when I did my last, supervised round.

    Thanks and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your training and run! I'm addicted! I will be running my 2nd 5k this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Autumn Rose!! :) It's become addicted. I did 3 miles for 2 days now (fast walking) and I feel like I am missing something if I don't do it again tonight!!

    Amy- I don't have a body fat scale, but there is one for 20 bucks at Bed Bath and Beyond that I would love to check out. It is that hand held device they charge you an arm and a leg to use at the gym. It's like 10-30 bucks for the analysis, and I got mine for like 20 bucks. I find it a bit all over the place, but if I did it every week or 2 weeks that should work. :)

    ReplyDelete