Monday, October 4, 2010

T minus 144 days

Hello All,

So ya, I have been like liquid, very fluid. But I think you need to be as you find out new information. I have decided to keep walking but not push the running. I found out several things.

1. When 190 lbs you shouldn’t really run, but walking while pushing yourself is good! So I won’t do an all or nothing thing. I am walking marathons!

2. Many marathons are VERY walker friendly. WOOT!

So ya, so I am going to focus on walking a 1/2 marathon in 144 days though my sister in law wants to me work on running the 5k. We will see. In light of the new info I think I have a lot to back me for walking. I am not wimping out. I just want a long fitness career!

My birthday was yesterday. :D I spent Saturday night at a hotel with husband w/o kid. It was nice to have a little break and focus on each other. We went to a marvelous restaurant. Had great Italian food and too many Cosmo’s! :D Okay, not too many! I became a WOO girl, but all inside! I dare not to be that brazen in public! Or I just didn’t drink enough. ;)

So ya. I’m excited about the walking. I even went walking the day we were suppose to pack our stuff on Saturday. I just HAD to walk.

My pants are feeling bigger, yet my weight is slightly higher. So I think I am getting muscle? How long does that whole process take?

I want to get this posted. I will post something from the book soon. I could really use it!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that walking is good, be kind to your knees!! You sound like you're in a really good place Steffi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is great exercise. You do what you are able to do and what you enjoy. The whole idea is to keep moving. You are very motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Walking is a great way to get in shape. I am working on that now and trying to find some events to participate in around my town. I have injured myself running too many times. I am definitely waiting till I am under 175 before I take it up again. Good for you for understanding your body and what it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BELATED!

    Walking is GREAT. I much prefer it!

    ReplyDelete